My Favorite Storybooks

 The Lovers of Zeus: https://sites.google.com/bmchs.org/loversofzeus/home/introduction?authuser=0

This storybook, "The Lovers of Zeus" is set up in a way that each new chapter leaves you hanging and  wanting more. While I am not familiar with this particular story, I am familiar with the problems between Zeus and Hera in their marriage and some of Zeus' infidelity. The format of the story reminds me of reading an actual teen/ young adult book rather than an old story which I enjoy. Both would versions are  interesting to read, but this helps visualize the betrayal better.  It really emphasizes Zeus' womanizer self rather than glorifying him for it, it calls him out through the Hera and Aphrodite's sides which makes for exciting drama. 

Applying to College: Greek Mythology: https://sites.google.com/view/greekcommonapp/home?authuser=0

I found this storybook to be my favorite. I have a decent knowledge (or at least I like to think so) of Greek mythology from my middle school years, but a couple of the things mentioned throughout this storybook were new to me. This format brought me back to my days of applying to college and let the writer display some big moments of the "applicants". The format is simple, no real dialogue, and allows for a retelling of events without sounding too boring and like they are copying and pasting from another website. 

Perseus' Star Stories: https://sites.google.com/view/storiesfromthestars/intro?authuser=0

What caught my attention for this storybook and helped make it to my favorites is Perseus. I was in love with the Percy Jackson and have always loved the stars. As much as I loved the stars, however, I have never known anything about constellations aside from the basics of the little and big dipper. This blog was interesting because it helped to give more background to a major story than telling 3 huge stories. I liked that it set a foundation for Andromeda's story. It was a bit misleading as I thought it would center around Perseus' story, but I am not mad at it as I got to learn more about those in his life. 

Bust of Aphrodite by Flickr

Comments

Popular Posts