One of My Favorite Places

Branson, MO: It's an odd place to choose for a favorite place, but it has to be one of mine due to the memories created there. I have vacationed in Branson, MO for several fall breaks with my family and this last year I moved up there for a work program. It is a quirky place with extremely kind people and can be a quaint place if you are able to make it away from touristy 76 strip. It is home to my work place; Barnabas Prep, Table Rock Lake, the Branson Landing, and Silver Dollar City. My favorite times of year to be in Branson are all of fall and then Christmas. Fall there is nice because the placement of Branson is in the Ozark Mountains and the leaves turn into a mix of reds, oranges, and yellows making a drive through the mountainous areas wonderful. Christmas is a great time because Branson decks out the whole town to celebrate the holidays. After spending my last year there I am happy to call Branson home alongside Norman. 

(Branson Landing Hydro/ Pyrotechnic Show

Comments

  1. Yay for the Ozarks, Keana! And here is something that might be of interest to you for this class: Max Hunter Collection - link which is an archive of over a thousand Ozark Mountain folk songs recorded by a man named Max Hunter back in the 1950s and 1960s... he was just a traveling salesman, but he loved music, and he recorded SO MANY SONGS, which are online at Missouri State... it's one of my favorite audio collections online: Ozark songs from just regular folks, singing the songs they knew... for example, Betsy From Pike - link, which is a song I used to sing when I was little too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts