Week 2 Reading Overview




Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: ____Bible Women_____

Week 4: ____The Odyssey_____

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: ____Egyptian Myth and Legend_____

Week 6: ___Tiny Tales from India______

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: ____Japanese Mythology_____

Week 9: ____Ozaki_____

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: ____Inuit (Eskimo)_____

Week 11: ___American Indian Tales______

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: ____Nursery Rhymes_____

Week 13: _____Looking-Glass____

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: ____Librivox_____

Week 15: _____Hans Christian Andersen____

While looking into making this schedule I am excited to look more into Japanese mythology and Ozaki unit because I am part Japanese, but my dad never taught my siblings any of the stories or tales from his time in Japan. I will say that I feel a bit intimidated by the Odyssey because I tried to read it when I was younger, but never could read it because i would get lost. I think that I will really enjoy it though because I have been told that it has more Greek god and goddess intervention, which is probably my biggest interest, than the Iliad. Overall, I am excited to start into week 3 with our readings and writings. 
Alice in a chair from Looking- Glass reading during Week 14 (illustration by John Tenniel)

Comments

Popular Posts