Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes A

- very short and silly

- noticed there is never really a huge message to them 

- maybe just small little cautions 

- Babes in the Wood is a bit ominous and odd for a nursery rhyme

- Many of these I have heard but only snippets of them

- The Three Wise Men of Gotham is my favorite so far, very straight to the point but funny

- Taffy was a Welshman seems very violent

- See a pin I always thought it was about a pen with an e

- Monday's child reminds me of the book I read about a woman who named her kids after days of the week

- I used to like polly put the kettle on 

- Always about 8 or so lines, but can be as small as 2 

- Usage of old english language sometimes makes songs harder to read

- The riddles are fun, but a bit hard to get the answer

- Humpty Dumpty is interesting because no one actually knows if he was an egg we all just assumed

- I am not sure if I am a fan of the paradoxes as they are a bit hard for me to grasp other than the strawberries in the sea 

- Heard many of the lullabies before like baby bunting and rockabye baby

Baby Cradle (UnSplash)


Story source: The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang and illustrated by L. Leslie Brooke (1897).

Comments

Popular Posts